If your local Aldi supermarket is anything like Mr & Mrs Fueled by Beer’s emporium of Teutonic delights then right now, between the festive German Stollen cakes and Scuba diver wetsuits, you’ll likely find bins filled with lovely flip-top bottles of Schwabenbräu German beer from the independent Dinkelacker family brewery of Stuttgart…
At £1.79 for a 500 ml bottle, these are great value and represent not only a superior alternative to UK mass-market lager; but a nice change from real ale too. As the photo shows, Mr Fueled by Beer’s man cave is duly stocked. Availability will likely vary leading up to Christmas but here’s what we found:
All of these beers are brewed in accordance with ‘Reinheitsgebot’, the German beer purity law.
- Weihnachtsbier (Christmas beer) 5.5% ABV
- Das Naturtrübe (unfiltered lager) 5.0% ABV
- Das Helle (classic lager) 5.0% ABV
- Das Weizen (unfiltered wheat beer) 5.0% ABV
- Das Schwartz (black lager) 4.9% ABV
Wir wünschen Ihnen allen Gemütlichkeit für Weihnachten und Neujahr.